Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

College Recruiting

Need Advice

Questions and Discussions Regarding the College Recruiting process

by Fredegar » Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:50 pm

jonriv wrote:Whaever the decision- she/you need to get on the ball quick. You need to meet coaches, evaluate your chances... time is running out FAST

Oh my god ... you need to relax. The sky isn't falling. No need to make it seem like it is.

Time is only running out fast if you're hoping for athletic money. If you're counting on academic money, that's almost certainly still available. If you're hoping to just make a team, many D-2s, D-3s, and NAIAs will be looking to complete rosters this Fall thru next summer. And every summer, there are always a few D-1s that wind up with unexpected openings.

Continue to do what you're doing with showcases. Continue to write letters. Try to find camps to attend at your desired schools. And again, if nothing pans out, she can try to Walk-On at the school she winds up attending.
Fredegar

by Trophy Hunter » Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:11 pm

Aren't applications due soon at most schools? I'd think that waiting until November of your senior year is getting a very late start.
Ladies, if a man tells you he will fix it, he will fix it. There is no reason to remind him about it every six months.
Trophy Hunter

by hit4power » Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:59 pm

My DD was a 2012 and it did not fall into place for her until about now. It's not too late, but you need to focus down to a shorter list of schools than "D1-2, NAIA, across the country". And contrary to an earlier post, IMO, phone calls do stand out, but your DD needs to make them (not you), and she needs to be convincing that she is really interested in this specific school when she calls. It's also handy to call the assistant coach as often s/he is in charge of screening recruits and is easier to reach. If your DD really doesn't have a (reasonably) strong view of where she wants to go, that may be the first thing you need to work on.

Out of curiousity, where is your TB coach in all this? I'm struggling to understand how a "known SoCal org" has a 2013 that isn't further along in this process...
hit4power
Premium Member
Premium Member

by jonriv » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:26 am

Fredegar wrote:
jonriv wrote:Whaever the decision- she/you need to get on the ball quick. You need to meet coaches, evaluate your chances... time is running out FAST

Oh my god ... you need to relax. The sky isn't falling. No need to make it seem like it is.

Time is only running out fast if you're hoping for athletic money. If you're counting on academic money, that's almost certainly still available. If you're hoping to just make a team, many D-2s, D-3s, and NAIAs will be looking to complete rosters this Fall thru next summer. And every summer, there are always a few D-1s that wind up with unexpected openings.

Continue to do what you're doing with showcases. Continue to write letters. Try to find camps to attend at your desired schools. And again, if nothing pans out, she can try to Walk-On at the school she winds up attending.

No Panic- just that there needs to be a sense of urgency. It is not only a matter of athletic money, but actual slots on the team. Remeber -this girl graduates HS this Spring and appears to have no idea where she might play(not a great scenario) Even many DIII teams will be asking their prospects to ED next month. The sky may not be falling, but time is running out......

I also agree with previous poster, where is the TB coach in this whole process?
jonriv

Previous

Return to College Recruiting