Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

College Recruiting

uncertain on elite camp

Questions and Discussions Regarding the College Recruiting process

by at-a-glance » Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:58 pm

So my dd 2016 LHP/1B was asked to come to the OU elite camp where only 30 campers were invited. As I'm reading on the heybucket site, manyother colleges looks like they are offering a elite camp, what is the diference, is it because she was invited? Uncertain if I'm making the right decision on going to the camp, because it is costing me a few bucks!!! It is one of her top 5 schools, so everyone keeps telling us to go. Need some advice!!!

Fyi, she was invited by the head coach and the pitching coach!!

thx!!
at-a-glance

by Fredegar » Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:17 pm

If she was personally invited by the coaching staff, it definitely sounds legit. And if the school happens to be one of her top 5 anyway, going to the camp is a great way to get noticed. Probably worth a few bucks to visit ... especially if you've never been to the campus.

Might not hurt to have your TB coach contact the coaching staff to ask about their interest in your DD. They'll be able to respond to your TB coach. As you probably know, since your DD is a 2016, they're not allowed to respond to your emails or return your phone calls yet.
Fredegar

by CheckWriter » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:49 pm

But she can call them.

And she should call them.

... and, assuming the she would be interested in attending the school, and it is not a financial hardship, not much reason not to go.
I see no hope for the future of our people if they are dependent on the frivolous youth of today, for certainly all youth are reckless beyond words.
--- Hesiod, Eighth Century B.C.
CheckWriter
Premium Member
Premium Member

by bart16761 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:12 am

I would go the best thing so far for my 2015 has been the college camps. That is of course if you can swing it.
bart16761
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Mr. Monday! » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:08 pm

Spazsdad wrote:
Fredegar wrote:As you probably know, since your DD is a 2016, they're not allowed to respond to your emails or return your phone calls yet.

But she can call them.

It says that his daughter is a 2016. Can her father call and speak to the coaches like a follow up to when they spoke to his daughter? On another note, if Gasso called my kid she would be there. Good Luck!
Mr. Monday!

Return to College Recruiting