Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

College Recruiting

Email question

Questions and Discussions Regarding the College Recruiting process

by WhoMe » Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:41 am

It was my understanding that a college coach could start mailing/emailing a player September 1st of your JR year. I am now hearing from numerous people that July 1st going into your JR year they can email and mail you. Can anyone clarify this or provide a possible link. I have visited the NCAA site but found zero clarification.

THanks
WhoMe
Premium Member
Premium Member

by PDad » Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:05 am

You are correct about Sept 1. The July 1 date (Div I) covers different communication and it is AFTER junior year. The NCAA is in the process of deregulating a lot of its rules, but they're up in the air and won't take effect until after Aug 1. Here is a recap of the current rules for Div I:

■ Before September 1, Junior Year: Up until this point, college coaches must follow very strict recruiting guidelines. Coaches can only send you sport brochures, questionnaires, and NCAA education information. You are, however, allowed to call coaches; they just can't call you back. (Be aware of this if you intend to leave a voicemail message.) Also, you can make unofficial visits to college campuses. Any meeting with coaches must take place on campus.

■ After September 1, Junior Year: NCAA recruiting guidelines become slightly less stringent at this point. Coaches are now allowed to send all kinds of information about their school. They can even send personalized letters. In addition, coaches can now initiate email contact with you.

■ July 1, between Junior and Senior Year: Although this date varies slightly by division, this is generally the date after which college coaches can call you. NCAA recruiting guidelines relax even more after this point, as college coaches are finally allowed to contact you in person off the college campus.
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by WhoMe » Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:39 am

Thank you very much
WhoMe
Premium Member
Premium Member

by 4girlsmom » Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:22 pm

PDad wrote:You are correct about Sept 1. The July 1 date (Div I) covers different communication and it is AFTER junior year. The NCAA is in the process of deregulating a lot of its rules, but they're up in the air and won't take effect until after Aug 1. Here is a recap of the current rules for Div I:

■ Before September 1, Junior Year: Up until this point, college coaches must follow very strict recruiting guidelines. Coaches can only send you sport brochures, questionnaires, and NCAA education information. You are, however, allowed to call coaches; they just can't call you back. (Be aware of this if you intend to leave a voicemail message.) Also, you can make unofficial visits to college campuses. Any meeting with coaches must take place on campus.

■ After September 1, Junior Year: NCAA recruiting guidelines become slightly less stringent at this point. Coaches are now allowed to send all kinds of information about their school. They can even send personalized letters. In addition, coaches can now initiate email contact with you.

■ July 1, between Junior and Senior Year: Although this date varies slightly by division, this is generally the date after which college coaches can call you. NCAA recruiting guidelines relax even more after this point, as college coaches are finally allowed to contact you in person off the college campus.

P-Dad- I have heard some talk about the deregulation of quite a bit of NCAA rules come August 1, 2013 - Do you know what rules they are considering deregulating? I have heard some crazy talk about abolishing the contact rules by coaches, to allow freshmen to be contacted........what do you know? Thanks.
4girlsmom

by PDad » Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:41 pm

4girlsmom wrote:P-Dad- I have heard some talk about the deregulation of quite a bit of NCAA rules come August 1, 2013 - Do you know what rules they are considering deregulating? I have heard some crazy talk about abolishing the contact rules by coaches, to allow freshmen to be contacted........what do you know? Thanks.

I only know what I've read from NCAA press releases. There's too much for me to recap, so here are links to the releases.

January 19, 2013 Division I streamlines rulebook

March 18, 2013 Board suspends two recruiting proposals

March 20, 2013 Board to reconsider texting, scouting rules

May 2, 2013 Board suspends changes to recruiting communications rules
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

Return to College Recruiting