Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

College Recruiting

NCAA QUESTION?

Questions and Discussions Regarding the College Recruiting process

by RetiredDI » Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:38 pm

This is for anyone who can answer this, anything is welcomed!

What is or is there a rule on a college coach recruiting someone they have previously worked with? For example, if I had given lessons to an athlete or worked with them multiple times, then became a college coach and then recruited them... is there a rule on this?

Thanks!
RetiredDI

by Fredegar » Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:03 pm

When coaches first get college jobs, many have seen or worked with HS kids in the past. There's no rule against recruiting players you're familiar with. Obviously, the coach needs to follow NCAA procedure once they become a college coach.

In the thread just beneath this one ("what qualifies as a coach"), PDad quotes a few NCAA recruiting rules that might help.
Fredegar

by RetiredDI » Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:20 pm

Fredegar wrote:When coaches first get college jobs, many have seen or worked with HS kids in the past. There's no rule against recruiting players you're familiar with. Obviously, the coach needs to follow NCAA procedure once they become a college coach.

In the thread just beneath this one ("what qualifies as a coach"), PDad quotes a few NCAA recruiting rules that might help.

Thanks for the help!
RetiredDI

by DonnieS » Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:40 am

Are you really a retired DI?
DonnieS
Premium Member
Premium Member

by RetiredDI » Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:58 pm

DonnieS wrote:Are you really a retired DI?

Yes, forgive me for not knowing all the rules. I should since we were all given ncaa handbook during our orientation.

Retired as in, I no longer play, instead I teach. After 3 surgeries I chose to leave the D1 world early and work to help other young female athletes not make the same mistakes I did
RetiredDI

by RetiredDI » Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:27 pm

Spazsdad wrote:Your screen name looks like it has an I, not a 1. Maybe Donnie thinks you were a Drill Instructor.

Because it is a I lol like DI DII DIII
RetiredDI

by DonnieS » Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:07 pm

Spazsdad wrote:Your screen name looks like it has an I, not a 1. Maybe Donnie thinks you were a Drill Instructor.

Yep, spazsdad is right. Been around a few of them, unique human beings. Not that D1 coaches aren't..... but....
DonnieS
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Pale Rider » Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:07 pm

...tip off...A DRILL INSTRUCTOR, with a manual...and not knowing the rules...tsk tsk tsk
To us...if it aint in writing it didn't happen, aint gonna happen...
Now drop and give me 20 :lol:
"This We'll Defend"
;)
AKA "Thread Killer"

"Damnation seize my soul if I give you quarters, or take any from you."
Edward "Blackbeard" Teach
Pale Rider
Premium Member
Premium Member

by DonnieS » Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:30 pm

Pale Rider wrote:...tip off...A DRILL INSTRUCTOR, with a manual...and not knowing the rules...tsk tsk tsk
To us...if it aint in writing it didn't happen, aint gonna happen...
Now drop and give me 20 :lol:
"This We'll Defend"
;)

Gotta be from someone whos been there, done that. My daughter's DI at Parris Island was named Sgt Leatherman. Very apt and she had to have been carved out of USMC manual.
DonnieS
Premium Member
Premium Member

Return to College Recruiting