Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

College Recruiting

Softball Factory

Questions and Discussions Regarding the College Recruiting process

by GameTime23 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:47 pm

Does anyone have any info on this...Is the video and assesment worth $400? Thank You!
GameTime23

by rowdyone » Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:45 pm

You must look at the big picture. We got involved with Softball Factory almost 4 years ago. Our DD went to there Video/ID camp and from there we went to Oklahoma City to play at the World Cup than went to Texas and played for them at the Ronald McDonald Showcase. She had great times at all. Now with NCSA and Softball Factory's video she has a great profile. One thing you do get is every year you can redo the video for free. You keep adding to the first one and coaches can see how your daughter grows. A lot people don't like it you will spend money but it's going to cost you money anyway so get something out of it. Call Softball Factory talk to coach Jarvis she will answer any question you have.
things happen for a reason your job is find the reason
rowdyone

by PantherParent14 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:29 am

We actually paid even more ($600) for a Softball Factory video that showed our daughter at her two positions (C/2B). Was it worth it?
Well, here are some observations that might help answer that question:

- Nearly every program we contacted (more than 100) wanted a link to a player video
- A friend of ours posted the Softball Factory video on YouTube, making it easy for anyone to access with a simple click
- We were able to link the video to several recruiting sites that required registration on their site as part of our participation in national showcase tournaments (RecruitMeNow.com and CaptainU.com, for example)
- A handful of programs e-mailed our daughter (once she was a junior and could receive e-mails) about specific observations from her video
- Our daugher received her first offer from a Division I softball program about a week ago; the coaches viewed her video as part of their analysis of her abilities (although her particiaption at their camp was a much more important factor)

I'd say the video is an critical part of the recruiting process, but just a part (along with travel softball and showcase, college camps, many e-mails for communicating with many programs and - probably most importantly - good grades). Having just the video without the other parts isn't worth it - but having a good video along with those parts is worth it.
PantherParent14

by blue1956 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:07 am

Come on gt you should know better than to just throw money at the camps, you got to Get your DD on the teams that are being looked at... Lol. :D
blue1956

by blue1956 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:11 am

Most college recruiters are using COACH'S EYE it s a phone app it's great you can send, five separate 40 sec video at once coach's prefer this than a long you tube video....
blue1956

by rowdyone » Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:21 pm

My DD got noticed by her video which was done by Softball Factory. The coach told me the video was one of the best he's seen and it was just long enough for him to know what he was looking for. She will be going next month for her 2 nd free video to show how she has improved each year. True there are other company's out there who do the same but Softball Factory had a lot to do with my DD verbally committed to a college.
rowdyone

by blue1956 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:11 am

rowdyone wrote:My DD got noticed by her video which was done by Softball Factory. The coach told me the video was one of the best he's seen and it was just long enough for him to know what he was looking for. She will be going next month for her 2 nd free video to show how she has improved each year. True there are other company's out there who do the same but Softball Factory had a lot to do with my DD verbally committed to a college.

congratulation!! What school is your DD going to be playing for?
blue1956

by rowdyone » Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:22 pm

Alderson Broaddus Univ. in West Virginia
rowdyone

Return to College Recruiting