Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

College Recruiting

Post College Carrers

Questions and Discussions Regarding the College Recruiting process

by hit4power » Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:04 pm

I don't think DI, DII, or DIII has anything to do with players getting jobs. There are many quality DI softball schools with players earning quality degrees. In fact, many employers like the fact that the applicant was a high level collegiate athlete: it shows teamwork, time management, resourcefulness and dedication.

I agree - it's not about D1,D3, whatever as you will find a wide range of degrees across all levels and sizes of schools. What's important is getting a degree. The link below will take you to the NCAA's webpage where they list graduation rates for athletes in all NCAA schools. I've linked the page for D1, but there are equivalent pages for D2 and D3. You can sort it by school, sport, conference, etc and what you will find is that there is a very wide range of graduation rates depending on the school, Worth a look for those still trying to decide what school to attend. Also, everyone should always talk to the coaches before signing to understand whether you will have to be an exercise major or if other options are permitted.

http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/newmedia/public/rates/index2.html#tab2

Note: if you go to the link you will find two methods for calculating graduation rates. The NCAA method "GSR" and the Federal method "FGR". The two methods differ in how they account for transfers. The Fed method counts an athlete who transfers out of a school as not having graduated and it ignores any athletes who transfer in to a school, The NCAA method allows a school to not count any athlete who transfers out (as if the athlete never started) and to count any athlete who transfers in (as if they had been there from freshman year). This makes for an interesting use of the data - where you see a big difference in the two numbers (GSR and FGR) it indicates that a lot of athletes transferred out (or in) of the school.
hit4power
Premium Member
Premium Member

Previous

Return to College Recruiting