Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

Any Advice

What's on your mind?

by NumeroUno » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:36 pm

Sam wrote:I, too, was way too tough on my kid. That was exascerbated by the fact that she was doubly tough on herself. It has adversely affected her for the rest of her life up until now. Its a helpless feeling to know that you can't go back in time with the knowledge you now retain and fix yourself. She says that she still cherishes her time playing softball and I believe her. I know that I still look back on those times very fondly.

I was lucky enough to land some positions as an assistant HS Varsity coach with Roosevelt, Corona, and Webb. I'd like to do it again and be able to devote more time to it. Coaching without any family ties to the team is phenomenal. I think I'm very different than I was before and I definitely learned a lot coaching under Ronnie Smith, especially in dealing with umpires. I was so fortunate to coach under his tutelage.

I also owe a lot to Dave Clark, who taught me unmeasurable lessons regarding the game and its nuances.

Now, I'm not coaching and preparing to get married this year. Gonna work for three more years at my current job and then maybe look for something where I can devote time to coaching softball again as well.

If your kid is playing, have your significant other video your behavior during game day. It may help you realize how well your are parenting your kid. I wish somebody would have done that for me.

Sam thank you for coming on. Good luck with everything in your future.
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

by Sam » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:44 am

Spazsdad wrote:
Sam wrote: Now, I'm not coaching and preparing to get married this year. .

Who’s the lucky fella? :D

His name is Patty..... :D
Run your mouth when I'm not around
Its easy to achieve
You cry to weak friends that sympathize
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Battle » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:06 am

Isn't it funny (not ha ha funny) how you can see it when a parent is too hard on their kid and you never see it when you are too hard on yours.
We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way!
Battle

by eclipse09 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:30 am

I have a kid playing in college and another playing high school. I plan on helping out the high school even after my youngest is done.

I know this sounds crazy, but I like coaching the more inexperienced players and watching them grow. Also cool seeing them enjoying the game of softball from a different perspective versus my kids.

Lastly, my youngest is now playing golf at high school so she took PR's recommendation of getting into that sport (I think it was PR that said that). ;)
eclipse09
Premium Member
Premium Member

by eddiez577 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:13 am

eclipse09 wrote:I know this sounds crazy, but I like coaching the more inexperienced players and watching them grow. Also cool seeing them enjoying the game of softball from a different perspective versus my kids.

Not crazy ;) I still coach wreck ball along with travel. Love seeing the inspiration the new generation of players get with proper training. And yes, coaching them up is very rewarding!
eddiez577
Premium Member
Premium Member

by eclipse09 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:16 pm

eddiez577 wrote:
eclipse09 wrote:I know this sounds crazy, but I like coaching the more inexperienced players and watching them grow. Also cool seeing them enjoying the game of softball from a different perspective versus my kids.

Not crazy ;) I still coach wreck ball along with travel. Love seeing the inspiration the new generation of players get with proper training. And yes, coaching them up is very rewarding!

That's awesome!!
eclipse09
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Sue Trubovitz, Turbo » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:07 am

Stay Positive
Learn from our experiences
Keep Trying

It is no secret that I love softball. I am also an off-road enthusiast. It's been a profound experience to go travel Off the Grid. To see before you a landscape that can be beautiful and harsh, serene and deadly. To look ahead and see there is no set path. Yet when you continue forward you will forge a path. Looking ahead you decide what's the best route to take. Sometimes inch by inch and foot by foot you make the decision to forge onward. At times it looks very scary and other times exhilarating. From behind the driver seat of life while there maybe unknowns on the path ahead everyday we are in that driver's seat. Everyday the opportunity to give it your best, learn from that experience and keep trying. Sometimes you have to pick another line to conquer the obstacle ahead of you. If you stay positive on what may be ahead, you will have motivation to keep trying and find there is no obstacle you cannot conquer. While I am most familiar with the Mojave and Sonoran deserts out in the middle of nowhere sometimes on a path that has been traveled before all the sudden is a fork in the road. As I look out in either direction do not see a destination like a city or building or people. You see the destination of the world in front of you. It reminds me life has many choices. Life's path is not always going to be easy. I encourage all to stay positive and continue trying, inch by inch, foot by foot forge your path and conquer the obstacles in front of you.
Last edited by Sue Trubovitz, Turbo on Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
Sue Trubovitz, Turbo
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Sam » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:20 am

31523688_210494816395809_159175074287452160_n.jpg
My rig.....
Sue Trubovitz, Turbo wrote:Stay Positive
Keep Trying

It is no secret that I love softball. I am also an off-road enthusiast. It's been a profound experience to go travel Off the Grid. To see before you a landscape that can be beautiful and harsh Serene and deadly. To look ahead and see sometimes there is no set path. Yet when you continue forward you will Forge a path. Looking ahead you decide what's the best route to take sometimes inch by inch and foot by foot you make the decision to forge onward. At times it looks very scary and other times exhilarating. From behind the driver seat of life while there maybe unknowns on the path ahead everyday we are in that driver's seat. Give it your best, learn from that experience and give it another try. Sometimes you have to pick another line to conquer the obstacle ahead of you. If you stay positive on what may be ahead, you will have motivation to keep trying and find there is no obstacle you cannot conquer. While I am most familiar with the Mojave and Sonoran deserts out in the middle of nowhere sometimes on a path that has been traveled before all the sudden is a fork in the road. As I look out in either direction do not see a destination like a city or building or people. You see the destination of the world in front of you. it reminds me life has many choices. Life's path is not always going to be easy. I encourage all to stay positive and continue trying inch by inch foot by foot forge your path conquer the obstacles in front of you.
Run your mouth when I'm not around
Its easy to achieve
You cry to weak friends that sympathize
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Sue Trubovitz, Turbo » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:45 am

Fun!
Last edited by Sue Trubovitz, Turbo on Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sue Trubovitz, Turbo
Premium Member
Premium Member

by NumeroUno » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:23 am

I just went on a rock climbing trail above big bear. Awesome.
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

PreviousNext

Return to Fastpitch Discussions