Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

Risky or helpful intentionally walking a batter?

What's on your mind?

by Schmick » Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:39 pm

GIMNEPIWO wrote:
Schmick wrote:I understand that comprehension may be difficult for you, is English your second language?
Read my post again and point out where it says I would tell my pitcher to intentionally bean a batter in the situation under discussion.
Go ahead, I'll wait.

"I see no reason to give a free base if it doesn't have a little sting attached so I would prefer to hit the batter rather then intentionally walk them"

Followed by, work off the plate, outside and in to see if she chase and IF the batter gets hit, well, you were going to walk them anyway.
Not "intentionally plunk a batter"
But it's ok ground dried up enough for the girls to get some games in today so I see no reason to get salty, would probably have to explain it anyway
Michelada time
Schmick
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Schmick » Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:16 pm

I would never tell a pitcher to intentionally bean an opposing batter unless that player/team had beaned a couple of my batters . That's just good baseball
Schmick
Premium Member
Premium Member

by GIMNEPIWO » Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:43 am

Schmick wrote:I would never tell a pitcher to intentionally bean an opposing batter unless that player/team had beaned a couple of my batters . That's just good baseball

I would never tell my child to lie unless the other kids were doing it.
I would never tell them how to cheat on a test unless others were doing it.
I would never teach them how to bully people unless others were doing it.
I would never tell my child to steal unless the other kids were doing it.
I would never tell my child to drive drunk or text while driving unless the other kids were doing it.
I would never teach them how to shop lift unless others were doing it.
I would never teach them how to embezzle money unless the other kids were doing it.

Because; that's just good parenting / coaching ? :roll:
"For the strength of the pack is the wolf, the strength of the wolf is the pack" Rudyard Kipling
GIMNEPIWO

by Sam » Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:25 am

You actually COULD tell a pitcher to hit a kid nowadays....the batters are loaded up with body armor and wouldn't get hurt....Walton makes a living out of it....crowding the plate and throw the elbow pad out there...trot to 1B.....it's ridiculous.
Run your mouth when I'm not around
Its easy to achieve
You cry to weak friends that sympathize
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

by curveballerguy124 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:58 pm

In girls fastpitch hitting a batter intentionally is a thing of the past so this shouldn't even be an issue nowadays. Hasn't happened in the mens game yet though, when my manager tells me to walk a batter I save the pitches and just bean him!
curveballerguy124
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Schmick » Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:04 pm

GIMNEPIWO wrote:
Schmick wrote:I would never tell a pitcher to intentionally bean an opposing batter unless that player/team had beaned a couple of my batters . That's just good baseball

I would never tell my child to drive drunk or text while driving unless the other kids were doing it.
I would never teach them how to embezzle money unless the other kids were doing it.

And you would never tell your child to stand up for themself if another child did some thing to them. I get it, you're a yoga fan.... Namaste.

If your pitcher hits a few of my hitters my pitchers will retaliate to protect themselves and their teammates. If you don't like it, go play soccer with the other lawn fairies.
Schmick
Premium Member
Premium Member

by NumeroUno » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:14 pm

GIMNEPIWO wrote:

Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

by GIMNEPIWO » Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:59 am

Schmick wrote:
GIMNEPIWO wrote:

And you would never tell your child to stand up for themself if another child did some thing to them. I get it, you're a yoga fan.... Namaste.

If your pitcher hits a few of my hitters my pitchers will retaliate to protect themselves and their teammates. If you don't like it, go play soccer with the other lawn fairies.

There is an umpire behind the plate ... There are rules to the game ... I teach my athletes to play by the rules and have class while their doing it ... If your pitcher intentionally beans my batter, both the coach and the pitcher will be out of the game ... If you start running your mouth in the stands; you too will be watching the game from the parking lot.

You may believe that you are raising the next Manny Machado, but in reality that is unlikely ... It is more likely that your son or daughter will grow up to be a bank teller, accountant or construction laborer ... All fine professions in which the appropriate ways to resolve conflict and how to play by the rules will benefit them .... Better start now before you're bailing them out of jail ... Just saying.
"For the strength of the pack is the wolf, the strength of the wolf is the pack" Rudyard Kipling
GIMNEPIWO

by GIMNEPIWO » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:14 am

curveballerguy124 wrote:In girls fastpitch hitting a batter intentionally is a thing of the past so this shouldn't even be an issue nowadays. Hasn't happened in the mens game yet though, when my manager tells me to walk a batter I save the pitches and just bean him!

The obvious difference is that you are an adult without an authority figure coach or parent living vicariously through your exploits on the field.
GIMNEPIWO

by Schmick » Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:40 pm

GIMNEPIWO wrote:
Schmick wrote:
GIMNEPIWO wrote:

There is an umpire behind the plate ... There are rules to the game ... I teach my athletes to play by the rules and have class while their doing it ... If your pitcher intentionally beans my batter, both the coach and the pitcher will be out of the game ... If you start running your mouth in the stands; you too will be watching the game from the parking lot.

You may believe that you are raising the next Manny Machado, but in reality that is unlikely ... It is more likely that your son or daughter will grow up to be a bank teller, accountant or construction laborer ... All fine professions in which the appropriate ways to resolve conflict and how to play by the rules will benefit them .... Better start now before you're bailing them out of jail ... Just saying.

Queen of false equivalencies strikes again.
Hitting a batter is within the rules, batter kids a free base when they are hit by a pitch, that's the rule.

I teach my players that between the lines, the only friends they have are the ones in the same jersey as them, your band of brothers. That between the lines the guys in the other jersey are the opponent, there to take something away from you and your band of brothers. Now you can either man up and fight like a ball player or you can roll over and take it like a soccer sissy.

My son is now in his second year of med school, my dd, who knows what she will grow up to be but one thing she will do when someone hits her is stand up for herself and hit them back.
Schmick
Premium Member
Premium Member

PreviousNext

Return to Fastpitch Discussions