Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

Risky or helpful intentionally walking a batter?

What's on your mind?

by Battle » Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:48 pm

Schmick wrote:I teach my players that between the lines, the only friends they have are the ones in the same jersey as them, your band of brothers. That between the lines the guys in the other jersey are the opponent, there to take something away from you and your band of brothers. Now you can either man up and fight like a ball player or you can roll over and take it like a soccer sissy.

My son is now in his second year of med school, my dd, who knows what she will grow up to be but one thing she will do when someone hits her is stand up for herself and hit them back.

All that is well and good but if I found out you told your pitcher to hit my kid on purpose and it caused injury, you and I would have a "discussion" and probably not much talking would happen.
We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way!
Battle

by Schmick » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:27 pm

If my kid intentionally hit your kid, it would be because you kid had already hit my kid. That's what retaliation means
Schmick
Premium Member
Premium Member

by GIMNEPIWO » Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:09 am

Schmick wrote:
GIMNEPIWO wrote:
Schmick wrote:
GIMNEPIWO wrote:
Schmick wrote:I would never tell a pitcher to intentionally bean an opposing batter unless that player/team had beaned a couple of my batters . That's just good baseball

I would never tell my child to lie unless the other kids were doing it.
I would never tell them how to cheat on a test unless others were doing it.
I would never teach them how to bully people unless others were doing it.
I would never tell my child to steal unless the other kids were doing it.
I would never tell my child to drive drunk or text while driving unless the other kids were doing it.
I would never teach them how to shop lift unless others were doing it.
I would never teach them how to embezzle money unless the other kids were doing it.

Because; that's just good parenting / coaching ? :roll:

And you would never tell your child to stand up for themself if another child did some thing to them. I get it, you're a yoga fan.... Namaste.

If your pitcher hits a few of my hitters my pitchers will retaliate to protect themselves and their teammates. If you don't like it, go play soccer with the other lawn fairies.

There is an umpire behind the plate ... There are rules to the game ... I teach my athletes to play by the rules and have class while their doing it ... If your pitcher intentionally beans my batter, both the coach and the pitcher will be out of the game ... If you start running your mouth in the stands; you too will be watching the game from the parking lot.

You may believe that you are raising the next Manny Machado, but in reality that is unlikely ... It is more likely that your son or daughter will grow up to be a bank teller, accountant or construction laborer ... All fine professions in which the appropriate ways to resolve conflict and how to play by the rules will benefit them .... Better start now before you're bailing them out of jail ... Just saying.

Queen of false equivalencies strikes again.
Hitting a batter is within the rules, batter kids a free base when they are hit by a pitch, that's the rule.

I teach my players that between the lines, the only friends they have are the ones in the same jersey as them, your band of brothers. That between the lines the guys in the other jersey are the opponent, there to take something away from you and your band of brothers. Now you can either man up and fight like a ball player or you can roll over and take it like a soccer sissy.

My son is now in his second year of med school, my dd, who knows what she will grow up to be but one thing she will do when someone hits her is stand up for herself and hit them back.

Hitting a batter "intentionally" is not within the rules, retaliation or not ... It will get the player and coach ejected ... Making stuff up and repeating doesn't make it true.
"For the strength of the pack is the wolf, the strength of the wolf is the pack" Rudyard Kipling
GIMNEPIWO

by GIMNEPIWO » Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:12 am

Schmick wrote:If my kid intentionally hit your kid, it would be because you kid had already hit my kid. That's what retaliation means

Do they make you register when you move into a new neighborhood ?
"For the strength of the pack is the wolf, the strength of the wolf is the pack" Rudyard Kipling
GIMNEPIWO

by Schmick » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:48 am

No, they only make priests, school teachers and one glove wearing pop singers do that.

Good to see you're back on top of your virtue signalling unicorn tossing around false allegations. The Elizabeth Warren signs in your yard match the Jussie Smollet posters in your room perfectly.
Schmick
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Battle » Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:06 pm

Schmick wrote:If my kid intentionally hit your kid, it would be because you kid had already hit my kid. That's what retaliation means

That's not what you said...This is what you said...

I would never tell a pitcher to intentionally bean an opposing batter unless that player/team had beaned a couple of my batters . That's just good baseball

In other words, my kid was not the pitcher...Just the one that happens to be the batter at the time.

...but that really doesn't matter. The point is you told your kid/pitcher to do that. It wouldn't necessarily have to be your kid for you and your hat to take separate rides to the hospital.
We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way!
Battle

by Schmick » Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:40 pm

I coached baseball and I wouldn't have ever made it that obvious
Schmick
Premium Member
Premium Member

by GIMNEPIWO » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:42 am

Schmick wrote:I coached baseball and I wouldn't have ever made it that obvious

So ... You would do it but not make it that obvious ? IF (which I doubt) you ever coached or taught anything to any child at any level and they let you do it, it was a sad day in Hooterville.
GIMNEPIWO

by Schmick » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:25 pm

That Cruisers coach, that had his pitcher and catcher hit the ump on the next pitch after a mound meeting against Minors Gold, cost both of those kids scholarships. While that situation, yet another false equivalency you brought up, is just more of your snivly virtue signalling, is far too salient of a display.

When a pitcher is beaned by the opposing pitcher, the ball player in them does not need a mound meeting to know how to defend themself. The pitchers coach, the opposing pitchers coach, the blues and everyone watching knows what is going to happen next. Something so accepted amongst the society of the sport that it's commonly referred to as unwritten rule. Which means you're either being intellectually dishonest in your feigned outrage over it because your panties are in a twist or you simply don't understand ball.
Last edited by Schmick on Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Schmick
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Schmick » Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:12 pm

The DDs pitching coach said that the pitcher and catcher for Cruisers lost their scholarship offers over it.
As it happened before I was ever around softball and didn't involve girls the birth year I'm familiar with, I took the pitching coaches word for it.
Schmick
Premium Member
Premium Member

PreviousNext

Return to Fastpitch Discussions