Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

Paying college athletes

What's on your mind?

by NumeroUno » Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:44 am

What do you think about paying college athletes?
Should they get a little spending money?

You get a athlete from a poor family who’s going to college on scholarship. They have zero support from the family financially.
They have a full load of classes and two practices a day. No time for a part time job.
They cannot afford to go out to dinner, go out on a date or go do something fun that costs money on a day off.
Do you think they should get a little spending money?
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

by notthisagain » Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:59 am

Much of academic financial aid based on family income.
Could see cafeteria meal ticket offered. Already included scholarship to scholarship.
No cash tho. Get a summer job.
If they have a scholarship go to class.
If they want money go pro.
notthisagain

by bigclemdawg » Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:40 am

i say if they want let them run clinics, camps, lessons whatever they can Hustle to make a coin. they earned that right to use their skills to get some extra lunch money or whatever extra curricular actives they are into IMHO please dont DM me angry :lol: :shock: :D :lol:
bigclemdawg
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Defty » Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:57 am

Spazsdad wrote:The power 5 conferences already offer a stipend to scholarship athletes to cover daily life incidentals, as high as 5-6k per year.
Your payment is your scholarship but like most things today it’s never enough.

I'm seeing a theme with your posts. Seems like someone doesn't like change.
Defty
Premium Member
Premium Member

by eclipse09 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:06 pm

Spazsdad wrote:The power 5 conferences already offer a stipend to scholarship athletes to cover daily life incidentals, as high as 5-6k per year.

I really think the NCAA should go back to educating and the NFL/NBA should get a minor league system going similar to MLB. So many small cities would love to host these teams to boost their economy and it would give them a chance to see future stars. I doubt it would happen, but you never know.
eclipse09
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Defty » Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:08 pm

Spazsdad wrote:
Defty wrote:

I see a theme with you to dismiss anything that doesn’t fit your agenda while completely missing the point.
Do you coach? Have you coached? While I agree some attitudes have changed over time some absolutes never will.

I see a theme with you aggressively challenging anything you don't agree with in an attempt to shut it down and force people to believe what you are saying. Unfortunately for you some of us are interested in keeping up with the times and continue to learn throughout the entirety of out lives.

And what is the relevance to this topic of whether or not i've coached? You're just reaching now.
Defty
Premium Member
Premium Member

by notthisagain » Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:58 pm

Defty wrote:
Spazsdad wrote:
Defty wrote:

I see a theme with you to dismiss anything that doesn’t fit your agenda while completely missing the point.
Do you coach? Have you coached? While I agree some attitudes have changed over time some absolutes never will.

I see a theme with you aggressively challenging anything you don't agree with in an attempt to shut it down and force people to believe what you are saying. Unfortunately for you some of us are interested in keeping up with the times and continue to learn throughout the entirety of out lives.

And what is the relevance to this topic of whether or not i've coached? You're just reaching now.

Hey thats his style bro.
notthisagain

by Backnine » Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:03 pm

Should be a open free market. Capitalism. Student athletes should be paid market rate. Whatever it may be. Third string badminton athlete would probably get zippo but the top five quarterbacks would get whatever the market would bare. Top softball pitchers and hitters would probably get a little something.
Backnine
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Backnine » Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:10 pm

Another thing too. The student athletes (who are adults) parents financial standing should have no bearing on his or hers compensation. If an 18 year old goes and gets a job he doesn't take less money because his parents have money or get more money because his parents are poor. He is paid what he is worth.
Backnine
Premium Member
Premium Member

by notthisagain » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:18 pm

Backnine wrote:Another thing too. The student athletes (who are adults) parents financial standing should have no bearing on his or hers compensation. If an 18 year old goes and gets a job he doesn't take less money because his parents have money or get more money because his parents are poor. He is paid what he is worth.

Maybe parental financial standing shouldnt, but does.
Try to apply for assistance as a middle income family. No assistance for you top 1%.
notthisagain

Next

Return to Fastpitch Discussions