Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

Non-parent coach vs Parent coach

What's on your mind?

by centurian » Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:25 am

Spazsdad wrote:Come on Dirty Sanchez, give us old timers some time to work through our dementia. The old grey mare ain’t what she used to be.

:lol: your dementia has set in, just called yourself an old female horse! :lol:
centurian

by eclipse09 » Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:46 pm

My kids have had 8 travel head coaches total with four of them parent coaches and four of them non-parent coaches. Seems like there were good and bad on both sides. It seems the best coaches were the ones that cared about the players from top to bottom.

The absolute worst coach my oldest daughter had was an ex-player that played favorites and really only worked with a few of those favorites on the team. In this case the org kicked her out fairly quickly.

The second worst coach was a parent coach that really had no clue (even posted some crazy heyBucket posts), but was a nice enough guy. He just didn't have the knowledge and didn't seem to want to obtain any softball knowledge....
eclipse09
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Sam » Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:31 am

My favorites were always my best players. They could play, they hustled, they picked up equipment after practice/games, dragged the field, sat by me in the dugout when they weren't on the field trying to learn the game. They listened and tried to implement what I was trying to teach them.

It is much easier for a non-parent coach to deal with disgruntled parents, since their main weapon has been disabled. HS parents are the absolute worst.
Run your mouth when I'm not around
Its easy to achieve
You cry to weak friends that sympathize
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Battle » Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:33 pm

Sam wrote:My favorites were always my best players. They could play, they hustled, they picked up equipment after practice/games, dragged the field, sat by me in the dugout when they weren't on the field trying to learn the game. They listened and tried to implement what I was trying to teach them.

It is much easier for a non-parent coach to deal with disgruntled parents, since their main weapon has been disabled. HS parents are the absolute worst.

Yep...I think most coaches feel that way. I believe all coaches have favorites and it's usually because of things that you mentioned.
We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way!
Battle

by Zoran » Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:19 pm

[quote="Battle" Other than coaches that form a team only because their kid doesn't get to play on any other team,
one of the best player is usually the coaches kid...and yeah I really said that.[/quote]

Your saying the two reasons parents coach their own team are completely valid reasons.

One, their kid doesnt get to play on another team.
Second, because their kid is usually the best player they should play.

Did you contradict yourself or give two good reasons for a parent to start their own team?
Zoran

by Zoran » Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:31 pm

Ok battle deleting that portion of your post clarified it. Makes sense now.
Zoran

by SDTitans » Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:49 pm

Zoran wrote:[quote="Battle" Other than coaches that form a team only because their kid doesn't get to play on any other team,
one of the best player is usually the coaches kid...and yeah I really said that.

Your saying the two reasons parents coach their own team are completely valid reasons.

Did you contradict yourself or give two good reasons for a parent to start their own team?

So your saying that a parent should start a team so their kid gets playtime that the parent thinks they should?
SDTitans
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Zoran » Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:19 am

SDTitans wrote:
Zoran wrote:[quote="Battle" Other than coaches that form a team only because their kid doesn't get to play on any other team,
one of the best player is usually the coaches kid...and yeah I really said that.

So your saying that a parent should start a team so their kid gets playtime that the parent thinks they should?

Thats what battle originally wrote. Was asking the same thing. Looks like he had second thought and retracted statement.
Zoran

by Battle » Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:49 am

Zoran wrote:
SDTitans wrote:

Thats what battle originally wrote. Was asking the same thing. Looks like he had second thought and retracted statement.

I deleted that part of the post for this very reason. It was just too controversial and would not be understood in the right text. My question is why did you only quote that part of the post originally before you realized the post was deleted?
We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way!
Battle

by Zoran » Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:20 pm

Battle wrote:
Zoran wrote:
SDTitans wrote:

I deleted that part of the post for this very reason. It was just too controversial and would not be understood in the right text. My question is why did you only quote that part of the post originally before you realized the post was deleted?

Quote specific to the question.
You deleted as i posted question.
Next person asked again.
Heck i posted you retracted your comment.
There you have it.
Train wreck post still crashing.
Done.
Zoran

PreviousNext

Return to Fastpitch Discussions