Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

Why are 8u friendlies or select teams not allowed??

What's on your mind?

by Jojo2u » Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:39 pm

As I look for friendlies or tournaments for my daughters 14u team and see an infinite number posted for 10u thru 16u I wondered if there is anything out there for younger players. My younger DD plays 8u in a pretty competitive league and on her team is a lot of talent is there any friendlies out there to get more work in?
Last edited by Jojo2u on Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jojo2u
Premium Member
Premium Member

by eclipse09 » Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:01 pm

Jojo2u wrote:As I look for friendlies or tournaments for my daughters 14u team and see an infinite number posted for 10u thru 16u I wondered if there is anything out there for younger players. My younger DD plays 8u in a pretty competitive league and on her team is a lot of talent is there any friendlies out there to get more work in?

Most 8u's are either still playing soccer in the fall or a short fall ball season. Winter is for family and getting ready for school. Actually most leagues with 8u players are close to evaluations in January then they form teams.

You could get with the local league and organize winter workouts or maybe start a shake the rust workout before evals.
eclipse09
Premium Member
Premium Member

by bigclemdawg » Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:31 am

or hopefully you are a 2nd year 8u team and might be able to pass as a 10u team.. just stay away from the good 10u team and you might be okay
bigclemdawg
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Sam » Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:07 pm

Keep the kid in rec ball until she is at least an older 12U eligible player and forget about anything really competitive until that age. Let her be a kid. JMO
Run your mouth when I'm not around
Its easy to achieve
You cry to weak friends that sympathize
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

by NumeroUno » Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:06 pm

Jojo2u wrote:As I look for friendlies or tournaments for my daughters 14u team and see an infinite number posted for 10u thru 16u I wondered if there is anything out there for younger players. My younger DD plays 8u in a pretty competitive league and on her team is a lot of talent is there any friendlies out there to get more work in?

At 8 most are playing rec still where i believe they belong. But u can probably find a weaker 10u friendly n get them into it. Tell the person running the games to schedule you with the weaker teams.
No fun getting destroyed or hurt by an older team.
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

by Chin Music » Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:50 pm

Sam wrote:Keep the kid in rec ball until she is at least an older 12U eligible player and forget about anything really competitive until that age. Let her be a kid. JMO

Have to say I was disappointed in your response Sam to 8u travelball. No F-bombs or nothin!
Chin Music
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Defty » Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:53 pm

Chin Music wrote:
Sam wrote:Keep the kid in rec ball until she is at least an older 12U eligible player and forget about anything really competitive until that age. Let her be a kid. JMO

Have to say I was disappointed in your response Sam to 8u travelball. No F-bombs or nothin!

Yeah because that's what we need when people are genuinely asking for input.
Defty
Premium Member
Premium Member

by CoachAnthonyA » Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:57 am

You're invited to my new group 'So Cal Select Managers' on GroupMe. Click here to join: https://groupme.com/join_group/48062879/7tP2xzCt

Have your coach join this group me of select managers. Pretty sure there is a rule not allowing 8u teams to play select. But there is no rule from playing up in 10’s.
CoachAnthonyA
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Defty » Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:46 pm

Spazsdad wrote:Are you ever not a tool?
If you weren’t so caught up in yourself you would have understood the humor in the comment

By your definition, everyone who doesn't think you are funny or intelligent is a tool. If that's the measurement than I am absolutely the biggest tool in the bunch. You are such a self-aggrandizing wannabe. I would call you a has-been but you have NEVER been. It's pathetic to watch you lash out whenever you don't get the approval from people that your dad clearly never gave you. You are an overgrown man-child that clearly has nothing better left to do with your valueless life than troll the internet. You, I and everyone else on here knows that no one would pay any attention to you if not but for the purpose of either combating the ignorance that radiates from your shallow soul, or to egg you on and continue to watch you spiral. You have nothing to offer anyone other than to serve as the perfect example of the type of coach we need to protect our daughters from. Your self-serving agenda will forever leave you stuck in the swampy depths with the rest of the sub-par coaches that continue to tell themselves that they are relevant.

Here is Chin's comment in a nutshell since you clearly misinterpret it as only "humor":
"Spaz, you generally act like an idiot to everyone on Heybucket and I am surprised not to see that in your comment today. Let me stoke the flame so we can continue to watch the sh!tshow that you perform each day at the cost of the credibility of Heybucket. Please continue to be the dancing monkey that we all log in to see each day and I promise to continue to support your idiocy, because lord knows that everyone loves to stop and watch a good car crash."

I know that you will never actually understand this, but it makes no sense that you feel this is a good place to project the anger that you have due to your obvious shortcomings. The comment section on YouTube videos is a much better place to express the thoughts that run through your atrophied brain since no one really reads those. Or maybe you should jot your "thoughts" down in a personal journal that you can tuck under the seat cushion on the couch that you sleep on each night.

BTW, I'm gonna need you to reimburse me for the mic that I just dropped. Be gone heathen.
Defty
Premium Member
Premium Member

by SDTitans » Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:56 pm

Defty wrote:
Spazsdad wrote:Are you ever not a tool?
If you weren’t so caught up in yourself you would have understood the humor in the comment

By your definition, everyone who doesn't think you are funny or intelligent is a tool. If that's the measurement than I am absolutely the biggest tool in the bunch. You are such a self-aggrandizing wannabe. I would call you a has-been but you have NEVER been. It's pathetic to watch you lash out whenever you don't get the approval from people that your dad clearly never gave you. You are an overgrown man-child that clearly has nothing better left to do with your valueless life than troll the internet. You, I and everyone else on here knows that no one would pay any attention to you if not but for the purpose of either combating the ignorance that radiates from your shallow soul, or to egg you on and continue to watch you spiral. You have nothing to offer anyone other than to serve as the perfect example of the type of coach we need to protect our daughters from. Your self-serving agenda will forever leave you stuck in the swampy depths with the rest of the sub-par coaches that continue to tell themselves that they are relevant.

Here is Chin's comment in a nutshell since you clearly misinterpret it as only "humor":
"Spaz, you generally act like an idiot to everyone on Heybucket and I am surprised not to see that in your comment today. Let me stoke the flame so we can continue to watch the sh!tshow that you perform each day at the cost of the credibility of Heybucket. Please continue to be the dancing monkey that we all log in to see each day and I promise to continue to support your idiocy, because lord knows that everyone loves to stop and watch a good car crash."

I know that you will never actually understand this, but it makes no sense that you feel this is a good place to project the anger that you have due to your obvious shortcomings. The comment section on YouTube videos is a much better place to express the thoughts that run through your atrophied brain since no one really reads those. Or maybe you should jot your "thoughts" down in a personal journal that you can tuck under the seat cushion on the couch that you sleep on each night.

BTW, I'm gonna need you to reimburse me for the mic that I just dropped. Be gone heathen.

Did your prescription of reading comprehension not get renewed this year? Need some Valium?

Sam wrote the "humorous" comment, not the other poster Spazdad. Then you call out Spazdad for being angry, yet your whole post sounds very angry and bitter. I get it, Spazdad ask if you are never not a tool? You being called or implied that you are a tool is a hot button that got pushed... Then you proceeded to prove to him that you are a tool in the comment instead of practicing what you preach in all your posts.. Should have taken the high road and ignored him.

This is why 8u parents and players need to stay in rec and keep it fun, all you folks that are too uptight ruin the fun in the game for kids. Sooo, lighten up Francis..

As for a poster that mentioned something about USA Softball not sanctioning 8u select. I know when we had a presidents meeting with our district rep, they are going to put on something here in San Diego, my league plans on hosting an "8u select" friendly to see if the coaches, parents and players are really serious about it being competitive. USA Softball will get with me on that and we are shooting for a date in March to see if it is worth the while to pursue something next year for 8u. I am not a fan of it, but I do have eager coaches and parents who want just a little more than rec with the 8u. So if we can do something to keep the passion alive or help foster more passion for the game, then I will support that, I am suggesting a lot of advance 8u level clinics and other things.. but the parental environment today, they feel they need to play games and put a label of Select on it. Instead of just practicing, practicing, practicing, throwing water balloons, and running around the fields having fun.
SDTitans
Premium Member
Premium Member

Next

Return to Fastpitch Discussions