Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

Colorado Sparkler...Who is Going

What's on your mind?

by sdiamond » Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:44 am

When will we know if TCS is going to delay or cancel the events in Colorado in June. One good thing it's near the end of the month and the probability of being back to semi-normal looks good for these dates. However many reservations and plans have to be confirmed or cancelled within a certain time period.

Hope everyone is well I know so many are anxious to get back to the Softball grind! Hope to see you in Colorado!

Curious to who will still be attending
Last edited by sdiamond on Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
sdiamond
Premium Member
Premium Member

by xyzdude » Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:46 am

Good reason to always purchase travel insurance!
xyzdude

by 4th & Forever » Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:09 pm

I'm told they won't make a decision until late May/ 1st week of June. I personally think that will be the right time frame to make that decision/ see if any restrictions will prohibit them from hosting the events.
4th & Forever
Premium Member
Premium Member

by sdiamond » Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:01 am

Thats a real good time frame, If our Country is still on modified or full shelter in place by June 10-15 there are going to be huge amounts of foreclosures and bankruptcies. MLB doesnt think we will be able to attend games as they are discussing playing in Phoniex area in Spring training facilities without fans and the NBA is still uncertain.

I think the experts dont even know where we will be by June. I have said since the beginning of our stay at home the Sparkler will most likely be the first event of the year The Zoom into June event will probably be cancelled.

College Coaches are going to have a tough recruiting year not being able to see young ladies perform in person and not just looking at stats and videos.

Again, I hope everyone is well and looking forward to being in Colorado this year.
sdiamond
Premium Member
Premium Member

by sdiamond » Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:01 pm

Listening to Governor Newsomes Press conference today and several Major Sportswriters there is a HIGH probability we will have NO Sports gatherings until October-November. This news is devestating to so many young athletes, especially our Senior and new Senior Softball players and High School Football teams throughout the nation. I hope these experts are wrong.. keeping the faith.. fingers crossed.. Stay healthy ...
sdiamond
Premium Member
Premium Member

by orange socks » Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:17 am

I am hearing that many of the Texas organizations will not be attending Co events, as well as any other fly-to events such as USSSA WFC, TCS Nats, and PGF. Instead choosing to make do with modified regional events. No details yet. TCS SW Nats might be the new BIG Nationals for Texas teams this year.
orange socks

by jonriv » Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:32 pm

They are saying that most(if not all) colleges will not open for the fall semester, college football will not play until Spring 2021 and pro football and other pro sports if they statr up will have no fans in the stands- my guess is you will probably not see ant tournaments this summer- sorry to say
jonriv

Return to Fastpitch Discussions