Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

Pro Team walking

What's on your mind?

by Schmick » Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:58 pm

sdiamond wrote:What City was it where Sheriffs had everyone leave? I know for sure unless a city politician MADE Deputies break up games they wouldnt do it on their own.

Hacienda Heights

Morning games were played but the Sheriff SUV drove up on to the fields and told everyone they had to leave the 2 fields via loud speaker
Schmick
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Backnine » Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:45 pm

LoveMeSomeFastpitch wrote:
sdiamond wrote:What City was it where Sheriffs had everyone leave? I know for sure unless a city politician MADE Deputies break up games they wouldnt do it on their own.

I doubt it ever happened. Based on some of his previous posts, the person who claimed this is known to be a bit of an uninformed political hack. Just as a PSA, watching too much Fox News can turn your brain to mush.

Sheriffs drove squad car on to the fields and stopped the games around 1 pm on Sunday at Manzanita Park (1747 S Kwis Ave Hacienda Heights CA 91745. They were very nice even apologetic. Should have schedule the morning games. LOL
Backnine
Premium Member
Premium Member

by LoveMeSomeFastpitch » Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:55 pm

Schmick wrote:

Hacienda Heights

Morning games were played but the Sheriff SUV drove up on to the fields and told everyone they had to leave the 2 fields via loud speaker

In my opinion that was just plain rude. There are different ways you can handle things. Most likely someone from the neighborhood ratted them out. Softball is not really a contact sport, like football, wrestling, hockey, basketball, etc. By the inherent nature of the game, the players are already socially distanced, and measures can be taken to add layers of protection to keep the players on the field safe from contracting coronavirus.

Moreover, girls that play competitive softball know how to listen, they know how to take instruction, they know how to follow rules, and they respect their teammates as well as their competition. The players on the field are NOT the problem. I know they are capable of figuring things out and doing it in a way that will keep everyone relatively safe.

The real risk is with the people in the stands, the parents. I'm going to just leave it at that, but I am about 85% certain that this game could be played in a way where there is minimal risk of spreading the virus, but the parents would have to subtract themselves from the spectator equation, and that ain't going to fly with a lot of people.

I thought the guy up here was doing it right, and was trying to prove to the governor that we could play softball, with minimal risk of having the games turn into a super-spreader event. He allowed about 34 teams to participate at one 4 field facility, over the course of three days.

I don't want anyone to take offense with this thought, because it's not personal, but I think he stuck a knife in his own back when he started allowing teams from Southern CA to come up and play in his friendlies. Under any other circumstance that would be awesome, but not in the middle of a pandemic, where some parts of the state are doing worse than others. Who wouldn't want to see the Corona Angels play up here? I know I would, but not in the middle of a goddamned pandemic.

So just this past Friday someone from Stanislaus county came by and shut the rest of the tournament down. My guess is they won't be starting up again anytime soon, and that really sucks. People have to stop wishing and hoping. The decision to open up fields again is all going to be data driven. Let's all try to suck it up and do our part as adults, to help ensure that our children don't miss out on one of the most memorable periods of their life.
LoveMeSomeFastpitch

by Schmick » Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:54 pm

I dont believe a word you post
Schmick
Premium Member
Premium Member

by jonriv » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:40 am

jonriv

by sdiamond » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:49 am

I am VERY surprised Industry Sheriff shut down the games in Hacienda Heights. I would contact Captain Bobby Wyche and ask him if anyone ordered a Deputy out there Sunday. No other LASD Stations as far as I know have enforced the rules regarding youth Sports. hacienda Heights is County area not a city. (626) 330-3322
sdiamond
Premium Member
Premium Member

by jonriv » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:52 am

I want to start off by saying I think players should stand for the Anthem. As a veteran, I find it disrespectful(intended or not) I wish the pro football players would choose a different time to do it(before, after the anthem or even the 2 minute warning) I would also like that they either all do it or none(just a team thing with me.

Having said that, if I owned the Scrap Yard Dawgs I would fire that GM- not for her political beliefs which I kind of believe in, but because she just blew up my business with her mind-numbing decision. She either let her political beliefs cloud her business judgement(which is what I think, or in attempt to gain followers(which has been suggested) she completely misread the mood out there(as well as that of her players and crapped the bed. Now no one of any talent will play for that team and no other team will play against them. They are the kryptonite of ladies softball. It is stupid in business to get involved in politics when you run the risk of alienating 50% of your customers. Dumb, Dumb< Dumb
jonriv

by jonriv » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:02 am

jonriv

by 110% » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:32 am

I also thing it's disrespectful and terrible that people, athletes won't stand for our flag, our Country. I believe the SYD GM posted that photo/caption looking for attention and didn't expect the fallout she received but she should absolutely be fired, if there's still a team to be fired from. I'm guessing that program is circling the drain.

As a retired policeman I can tell you that the Police (or Deputies) don't have any interest in going to a park and closing down softball games. Many of them have kids of their own that want to play sports now too.

The HUGE rise in Covid cases is due to the 20,000 idiot protesters and the dumb assed kids that refuse to stay away from each other. Once this spike is over hopefully we can move on with everything.

Lovemesomefastpitch you are so full of crap with every post it's almost like you have a comic writer putting it together for you just for attention. If you're from up north, stay up north and please move to the Nor Cal topics for future posts.
110%
Premium Member
Premium Member

by sdiamond » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:30 pm

110% wrote:I also thing it's disrespectful and terrible that people, athletes won't stand for our flag, our Country. I believe the SYD GM posted that photo/caption looking for attention and didn't expect the fallout she received but she should absolutely be fired, if there's still a team to be fired from. I'm guessing that program is circling the drain.

As a retired policeman I can tell you that the Police (or Deputies) don't have any interest in going to a park and closing down softball games. Many of them have kids of their own that want to play sports now too.

The HUGE rise in Covid cases is due to the 20,000 idiot protesters and the dumb assed kids that refuse to stay away from each other. Once this spike is over hopefully we can move on with everything.

Lovemesomefastpitch you are so full of crap with every post it's almost like you have a comic writer putting it together for you just for attention. If you're from up north, stay up north and please move to the Nor Cal topics for future posts.

I am a Retired LASD Deputy thanks for your service 110%
sdiamond
Premium Member
Premium Member

PreviousNext

Return to Fastpitch Discussions