Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

Athletes Unlimited

What's on your mind?

by Schmick » Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:18 am

this is the dumbest thing I have ever seen.
New teams drafted every week
Individual point systems rewarding outs and innings
Strikeouts count the same to a pitcher as a hard hit line drive that's caught.
They claim there are no coaches but you see coaches in the coaches boxes and making pitching changes
Announcers are constantly trying to make excuses for why this "league" does things the way they do.

And when a pitcher is clearly hopping off the rubber and not keeping her drag foot on the ground, they simply zoom the camera in to not show that pitchers foot any longer.

How do you have team sports without teams?
What sort of fan support do you expect without heated rivalries?
And why are grown ass tattoo covered women still using the same drop.10 bats, 60 foot bases and 200 foot fences as 8 year old little girls?
Schmick
Premium Member
Premium Member

by eclipse09 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:22 pm

Yeah I came across today's game between innings of the Padre game and heard an announcer say something that the losing team had won more points than the winning team because they won more innings. It seemed more like a showcase than a competitive softball game.

Hope we can get a ratings update to see how it compares to college games.
eclipse09
Premium Member
Premium Member

by E Train Dad » Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:32 am

Honestly, I care less about a new point system, then I do about getting the opportunity to watch some softball, especially on Mainstream TV! Could it be improved upon......yes! I'm sure they will make adjustments to make the results more equitable. Here in So Cal, we have been shut down for so long, it's refreshing to watch finally!! I haven't seen a live game since my DD's last college game in late march!
E Train Dad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by eclipse09 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:31 pm

E Train Dad wrote:Honestly, I care less about a new point system, then I do about getting the opportunity to watch some softball, especially on Mainstream TV! Could it be improved upon......yes! I'm sure they will make adjustments to make the results more equitable. Here in So Cal, we have been shut down for so long, it's refreshing to watch finally!! I haven't seen a live game since my DD's last college game in late march!

Yes it was good to see softball back on tv. Let's hope they tweak the rules or maybe keep teams together until a champion is decided then mix it up.
eclipse09
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Schmick » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:21 am

DVR'd the games from Sunday, they were awful. It was like watching 2 hour long Gillette commercials on toxic masculinity. Even the ads during the game were all regressive woke nonsense.
Without a mens pro league to subsidize and essentially pay for a woman's pro league ('sup wnba?) Pro women's team sports just aren't viable.
They're even worse when you add all the helicopter ayso mommies rules like:
"Let's re-draft teams every week so players don't get stuck on losing teams"
"Let's let players win innings and receive more award for that than the players on the team that won the game"
"Lets not have anyone out there deemed a coach because we don't want to have anyone feel subjugated to someone else"
"Lets allow slappers to step on the plate because it makes them feel bad for being called out when they step over the inside line of the batters box"
"Lets just zoom in on all the crow hopping pitchers so we can't see their feet and don't have to explain why there are no illegal pitch calls because they can't keep their drag foot in contact with the ground"

This is a league started by a pack of rabid lesbian Karens mad that they were photographed being patriotic and felt that the only woke thing to do was abort the old league and try to "reimagine" what pro sports could be like. So they come up with some crappy drivel that makes zero sense... like quidditch ... only it' not magical and make believe, it's just garbage.
Schmick
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Blind Assassin » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:05 pm

Schmick wrote:DVR'd the games from Sunday, they were awful. It was like watching 2 hour long Gillette commercials on toxic masculinity. Even the ads during the game were all regressive woke nonsense.
Without a mens pro league to subsidize and essentially pay for a woman's pro league ('sup wnba?) Pro women's team sports just aren't viable.
"Let's let players win innings and receive more award for that than the players on the team that won the game"
"Lets not have anyone out there deemed a coach because we don't want to have anyone feel subjugated to someone else"
"Lets allow slappers to step on the plate because it makes them feel bad for being called out when they step over the inside line of the batters box"
"Lets just zoom in on all the crow hopping pitchers so we can't see their feet and don't have to explain why there are no illegal pitch calls because they can't keep their drag foot in contact with the ground"

This is a league started by a pack of rabid lesbian Karens mad that they were photographed being patriotic and felt that the only woke thing to do was abort the old league and try to "reimagine" what pro sports could be like. So they come up with some crappy drivel that makes zero sense... like quidditch ... only it' not magical and make believe, it's just garbage.

Lets hope they all get trophies at the end of whatever they call a season.
"I don't look for trouble....trouble looks for me." - Five Finger Death Punch
Blind Assassin
Premium Member
Premium Member

by TheTownUSA » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:12 pm

Schmick wrote:DVR'd the games from Sunday, they were awful. It was like watching 2 hour long Gillette commercials on toxic masculinity. Even the ads during the game were all regressive woke nonsense.

Honestly, this rant makes you look like THE Karen of the room. Do you have even a whisper of a life outside of women's softball?
TheTownUSA

by 110% » Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:06 am

The Town must be married to Melissa the lunatic...
110%
Premium Member
Premium Member

by jonriv » Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:11 am

Melissa does the Town???
jonriv

by DirtyRiders » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:05 pm

Or are we just Dads who love our kids and love this game? And so yes have real questions and concerns about our kids getting the opportunity to be on the dirt again. Town do me a favor stop judging people and stop making this political because if you want to talk softball and politics I’m not sure u will fare very well.
DirtyRiders
Premium Member
Premium Member

Next

Return to Fastpitch Discussions