Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

Alliance Year Zero

What's on your mind?

by Bigleague » Wed May 25, 2022 10:54 pm

I know I’m posting a little late. But let’s not forget that the WCWS is played nearly two months before our girls played in OK. Big temperature difference. Plus, going to OK to play the same California teams. This is my frustration. Been doing travel ball for twenty some odd years. I remember when we all stopped doing ASA in OK to start coming back home to do PGF. Happy times.
Bigleague
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Schmick » Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:34 pm

The Alliance already devalued PGF in year 1.
In year 2 the Alliance has devalued the IDT.

Look at the teams in the IDT, the Alliamce chasing organizations are not sending their gold or even their silver teams to Boulder. The Alliance is in bed with TCS and TCS has made the Sparkler event part of the Alliance Super Cup Championship to draw the top Alliance affiliated teams away from IDT and get them to play the TCS/Alliance Sparkler event.

It's like a 2 party system in softball now and all the organizations are becoming partisan. They're either PGF or Alliance, even friendlies are partisan now.
Schmick
Premium Member
Premium Member

by ofc80 » Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:17 am

Forfeit was a smart move. Obviously both org. heads are a big part of Alliance and the game could have been rescheduled............
ofc80
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Schmick » Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:28 pm

Spazsdad wrote:Teams weren’t “drawn away” from IDT. Nobody is sending their “B” teams to IDT. The teams in the Super Cup final played Tuesday before IDT starts. Only the championship game was Wednesday morning and in 14u the Angels forfeited to go to their pool games in IDT.

All of the Mercado Gold teams (Smith, Hovermale, Tidd) are playing the TCS tournament this week instead of the IDT. In fact, Athletics Mercado B teams are all at the TCS event as well and it's the C and D teams playing at IDT.

Is Athletics Mercado Academy nobody? They won Alliance last year, they just swept the Team 1 Elite Club Championship titles in Kansas City a couple weeks ago and won PGF the last time it was relevant, in 2019, but they're nobodies.

What about Brashear, where are his teams? Ricos teams, where are they. West Bay Warriors, Bombers, AZ Storm Mathis, GA Impact...... all skipped IDT to play TCS.

To say that nobody sent their B teams or were drawn away and sent no teams at all to IDT is about as honest as saying that gas prices are high because of putin or that Lia Thomas is a woman. You can choose to open your eyes or choose to keep them closed
Schmick
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Schmick » Mon Jul 04, 2022 1:20 am

Looks like nobody won the 18U Power Pool at the TCS Sparkler Tournament

Schmick
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Schmick » Tue Jul 05, 2022 1:44 am

I never said that everybody bailed on IDT I said things are becoming very partisan and organizations that are all in with the Alliance went to the TCS event in Colorado this year after having gone to the IDT in years past.
I always liked the IDT, was a very fun event. It's kind of a shame that things are becoming this side or that side but that's how most things are now in a post kung flu America
Schmick
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Schmick » Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:43 am

Who is more "all in" than Athletics Mercado, didn't they win half of the Alliance titles last year?

The teams that went to IDT are the teams chasing pgf, that's why they go to IDT, because it's the same, meritless, no qualifier, invitation system that pgf uses.

The worst part about it is the IDT, in our experiences, is the more fun and smoother ran tournament. And I much prefer Orange County in July over having to go to Oklahoma City that, or any, time of year. But, until the pgf dumps it's good ole boy invitation system and makes every single team qualify to play for it, the Alliance Championship is going to be the prestigious and more coveted, harder earned championship tournament and you will have different organizations chasing one or the other
Schmick
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Schmick » Wed Jul 06, 2022 3:22 pm

There are 3 divisions of TC in CO. Looks like the top 2 divisions were given to teams on merit based on how they performed at other TC events. The bottom tiered division at TC is open to anyone who buys a ticket.

Now tell me how teams qualified for IDT
Schmick
Premium Member
Premium Member

by SDTitans » Thu Jul 07, 2022 7:35 am

It is all the same.. only thing different is who gets the money.. Alliance, PGF, TCS, IDT. At the end of the day.. they all get richer of the hopes and dreams of a lot of softball players.
SDTitans
Premium Member
Premium Member

by ofc80 » Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:50 am

The question is which one would you rather win?
With the schedules being similar this year which championship gets more rep power?
ofc80
Premium Member
Premium Member

PreviousNext

Return to Fastpitch Discussions