Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible
 

Fastpitch Discussions

Non-parent coach vs Parent coach

What's on your mind?

by curveballerguy124 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:51 pm

Which do you think is better to play for?? I know there’s arguments for both sides but I will argue the side of the non-parent coach.

The non-parent coach doesn't have a dog in the fight so since there’s no skin in the game there no favoritism’s everybody comes in as equals. Granted a coach may like certain players because they embody everything that a coach wants their players to be. However, that doesn’t take from the fact that they need to perform to find themselves on the field. Moreover, in most cases the non-parent coach doesn’t have an agenda he or she is not looking to make money they are simply looking to coach a game that they absolutely love.
curveballerguy124
Premium Member
Premium Member
 
Posts: 311
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:53 pm

by Battle » Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:04 pm

LOL...You are out of your mind if you think there is no non-parent coach favoritism. The difference between the two is mommy and daddy has no one to blame when little Becky is sitting on the bench with a non-parent coach.
We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way!
User avatar
Battle
 
Posts: 1627
Joined: Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:40 am

by Defty » Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:34 pm

Battle wrote:LOL...You are out of your mind if you think there is no non-parent coach favoritism. The difference between the two is mommy and daddy has no one to blame when little Becky is sitting on the bench with a non-parent coach.


So your point here is that favoritism is undoubtedly an issue with both parent and non-parent coaches, but that "Mommy and Daddy" are a problem for complaining when they believe that "little Becky is sitting on the bench" because of favoritism. That was about as useful as the French military.

:lol:
Defty
Premium Member
Premium Member
 
Posts: 77
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:59 pm

by Sue Trubovitz, Turbo » Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:31 pm

.
.
.
.
.
Regardless of title,
People skills are important!
Last edited by Sue Trubovitz, Turbo on Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
Sue Trubovitz, Turbo
Premium Member
Premium Member
 
Posts: 157
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:21 pm

by Zoran » Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:05 pm

curveballerguy124 wrote:Which do you think is better to play for?? I know there’s arguments for both sides but I will argue the side of the non-parent coach.

The non-parent coach doesn't have a dog in the fight so since there’s no skin in the game there no favoritism’s everybody comes in as equals.

Granted a coach may like certain players because they embody everything that a coach wants their players to be.


However, that doesn’t take from the fact that they need to perform to find themselves on the field. Moreover, in most cases the non-parent coach doesn’t have an agenda he or she is not looking to make money they are simply looking to coach a game that they absolutely love.


"Granted a coach may like certain players because they embody everything they want their players to be"

What does that mean?
Favorite type?
Game of clones bwaahhaaa :lol:
Alright its true coaches have certain things they may like. Certain coaches tend to field similar teams year after year.
Still every player is not exactly the same.
Zoran
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:45 pm

by GIMNEPIWO » Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:16 am

Favoritism happens irregardless but the excuses are different.
"For the strength of the pack is the wolf, the strength of the wolf is the pack" Rudyard Kipling
User avatar
GIMNEPIWO
 
Posts: 4338
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:58 am
Location: Between Rock & Hard Place

by centurian » Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:24 am

curveballerguy124 wrote:Which do you think is better to play for?? I know there’s arguments for both sides but I will argue the side of the non-parent coach.

The non-parent coach doesn't have a dog in the fight so since there’s no skin in the game there no favoritism’s everybody comes in as equals. Granted a coach may like certain players because they embody everything that a coach wants their players to be. However, that doesn’t take from the fact that they need to perform to find themselves on the field. Moreover, in most cases the non-parent coach doesn’t have an agenda he or she is not looking to make money they are simply looking to coach a game that they absolutely love.


Curveballerguy.
Lets highlight the points.
1)Dog Fight.
2)Skin in game.
3)Favorites.
4)Agenda to earn money.

Read on HB you call yourself a travel coach who is a paid instructor. Now read not a parent.
How can you be so blind to not recognize everybody is in the dogfight, have put their skin in the game with their money. Everyone has favorites.

What is the real reason you posted this. It's pretty obvious you're pissed off at parents. Let it out. :shock:

Get such a kick out of heybucket.
centurian
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:31 am

by curveballerguy124 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:38 pm

centurian wrote:
curveballerguy124 wrote:Which do you think is better to play for?? I know there’s arguments for both sides but I will argue the side of the non-parent coach.

The non-parent coach doesn't have a dog in the fight so since there’s no skin in the game there no favoritism’s everybody comes in as equals. Granted a coach may like certain players because they embody everything that a coach wants their players to be. However, that doesn’t take from the fact that they need to perform to find themselves on the field. Moreover, in most cases the non-parent coach doesn’t have an agenda he or she is not looking to make money they are simply looking to coach a game that they absolutely love.


Curveballerguy.
Lets highlight the points.
1)Dog Fight.
2)Skin in game.
3)Favorites.
4)Agenda to earn money.

Read on HB you call yourself a travel coach who is a paid instructor. Now read not a parent.
How can you be so blind to not recognize everybody is in the dogfight, have put their skin in the game with their money. Everyone has favorites.

What is the real reason you posted this. It's pretty obvious you're pissed off at parents. Let it out. :shock:

Get such a kick out of heybucket.


Whoa whoa whoa this is a touchy subject for some obviously..... Truth be told I posted this because I seen a similar post on discuss fastpitch and thought it would be a good topic to discuss. Holy shit, I didnt think this was gonna be a full on attack, we got some sour grapes out there lol!!!!

But I will play along because Im bored at work today and I will defend myself as a "non-parent" coach. For starters I don't make money coaching TB on the contrary I lose money I will use this fall season as an example.... Fall season is ending the travel team owes me roughly around $600 bucks that I will probably never see.... Yes I give lessons only a few I could take on more but then it would feel like a job and that's not why I'm doing it to begin with. I pitch to my team for an hour per week FREE of charge and sometimes on the weekend during practice. There truly is no monetary gain because more often then not I use my lesson money to pay for team shit.

And yes I dont have a dog in the fight last I checked my daughter is off playing ball in college, the kids Im coaching now arent mine!!! At least not that I know of....

And, I will retract a comment maybe I do have favorites from time to time buts its usually the kid that's struggling a bit, but that I see busting her ass off in practice. Or the kid that is always helpful and respectful just an all around good kid and good teammate....

As for parents, well parents just want whats best for little suzy I get it I've been there before all I ever ask is respect the 24 hour rule before you talk shit...
curveballerguy124
Premium Member
Premium Member
 
Posts: 311
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:53 pm

by centurian » Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:58 pm

All that :lol: flew right over your head. Another non-response to the obvious.
Dat fuhhhnny sour :lol:
centurian
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:31 am

by Defty » Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:41 pm

curveballerguy124 I think the fact that your post has influenced both sides of this staunchly divided Heybucket community to finally agree about something should be gravely concerning to you.

When you find a coach that doesn't have favorites I'll trade you him/her for my chupacabra.

And even if what you say is true, that you only favor little orphan Annie and her need for more attention than the other orphans, you should still have the wherewithal to see that favoritism from coaches is as prevalent as parents believing that their kid is the only one that matters.
Defty
Premium Member
Premium Member
 
Posts: 77
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:59 pm

Next

Return to Fastpitch Discussions