Just a few small changes this weekend. Most of the teams are playing right where I feel they are ranked right now so not a lot of movement.
1.Grapettes Kahwaty: Played 14’s this last weekend to see better competition as the 12u Grapettes division looked more like an NSA B tournament. 2 wins over average 14u teams on Sat took a pretty big loss in pool play to Mizuno Stone. Lost game one on Sunday.
2. Rocklin Hype: Won the Dugout Wars tournament in Roseville beating CA Rapids 5–3 3rd tourney win of the season. Hope they make it in next weekends ASA Tournaments event. Looks like that will be the last of fall for most.
3. CA Breeze: This team has really come around over the fall season. 3 tourney wins in a row the latest this weekend in Palmdale. Congrats on the weekend way to represent Nor Cal. I don’t have much info on the weekend as obviously I didn’t make the trip but it looks like the better So Cal 12u teams stayed away from this tourney. My bet they saw the Breeze and Heat were coming.
4. Roseville Heat: Played in Palmdale this weekend made it to the semis and lost to Breeze 15 9. Long way to go to get bumped by your cross town rival’s but at least it was late in the day.
5. Salinas Storm: Did not play this last weekend. Their Last tourney #2 Seed in their pool. Lost to the eventual tournament winner in the semis.
6. CA Rapids: Played Dugout Wars this weekend .# 1 Seed in Pool on Saturday, beat KG Hitters in a come from behind win. Score doesn’t show it but the game was close until the end. Beat Team CA in Semis 2-0 in a very good game. Fell just a little short in the Championship Game.
7. Team CA: Played Dugout Wars this weekend. This team is looking better every time I see them. Lost in the semis to Rapids in a great close game with a lot opportunities for both teams. Strong defense this weekend. If they stick together and can get their lineup healthy this team can run with any of the top five.
(Moved Team CA up one watching KG and them play the same team back to back I just think it’s the right move)8. KG Hitters: I am having the most trouble trying to figure this one out. They won the last tourney beating a pretty good 99 team playing down. Did descent in pool play but got thumped by Hype, then lost a close game big at the end to the Rapids on Sunday.They have just been very hot and cold. Definitely improving though.
(Slipped down for the reason I listed above)9. Clovis Rockets: I liked this team they played pretty well this weekend. Lost a close game to Rapids on Saturday #2 in pool play lost to the eventual tourney winner in their second game Sunday. Just couldn’t get the bats going.
(This was the first time I have seen this team but I felt they deserved a spot in the top 10 watching them play)10. Foothill Gold: Won the Grapettes tourney this weekend in Stockton. Looks like they had a good weekend overall in a tourney that they were with out a doubt the better team there. Win the ones you should that’s important.
11. North Valley Stompers: Beat Grapettes RK in the Semis lost in the Championship game on Sunday to the Breeze.
12. USA Elite Pfenning: Beat Team CA on Sunday played Breeze close on Saturday and Sunday but lost both games.